CVS is a local development agency which develops, delivers, supports and promotes voluntary action and charitable activity.
- provide a range of support services such as training, information (including access to sources of funding), advice, payroll, office accommodation and conference facilities;
- identify gaps in the provision and develop initiatives to meet needs;
- bring together voluntary, community and faith organisations to discuss issues of common concern – to avoid duplication of effort and ensure that groups work together;
- help to disseminate information about statutory service provision and development;
- represent the views of the voluntary sector on many statutory led partnerships.