World class companies invest in Burnley.
- The VEKA UK Group – a huge part of Burnley’s manufacturing heritage for over 25 years, making Burnley home to the largest systems manufacturer in the UK – universally recognised as one of the global leaders in window system technology.
- Safran Nacelles – one of Burnley’s largest private sector employers – Suppliers of nacelles and thrust reversers to jet engine providers and aeroplane manufacturers across the world, seen on a full range of aircraft applications ranging from some of the largest passenger aircraft in the world, to business and regional commuter jets.
- Oscar winning company AMS Neve: technology designed and built in Burnley powers the films that everyone watches – Avatar, the Bond Movie Skyfall, and Disney Pixar’s Brave. They develop and manufacture the world’s most powerful digital sound engines.
- BCW Engineering – Global engineering company developing components for the automotive, aerospace and power generation sectors, including Jaguar Land Rover, Aston Martin, Helical and BorgWarner Turbo Technologies.
- Exertis – Europe’s largest and fastest growing technology distribution and specialist service providers with a £2.3billion turnover, Exertis is based in a 500k sq ft national distribution centre on Burnley Bridge Business Park.
- Endsleigh – Leading insurance giant providing quality service sector jobs in the heart of Burnley town centre.
- John Spencer Textiles – Weaving high quality textiles in Burnley since 1860, now specialising in textile science advancements – resin coated fabrics, parachute fabrics and specialist medical materials.
- Panaz – Design and manufacture of printed fabrics to the hospitality, healthcare and corporate markets, Europe’s leading supplier of high quality decorative fabrics and wallcoverings.
- Vodafone Automotive – leading provider of connected car products and services, Vodafone Automotive provides telematics, stolen vehicle tracking and usage based insurance solutions for fleets, vehicle manufacturers and logistics providers.
- Crow Wood Leisure and the Woodland Spa – £20million site, Lancashire’s premier day spa location and Global Spa of the Year winners
- Velocity Composites – in the AMS Technology Park – their composite kits have revolutionised the aerospace composite structure industry – They are creating efficiencies in the supply chain with huge growth potential.
- Thingimjigs – from the kitchen table to worldwide online sales. A multi-channel online retailer of children’s gifts and accessories, sending orders all over the world. The business was founded by Rachael White and her husband Colin White in 2004, they have grown from the kitchen table to their current 5,000 sq.ft. warehouse, trading up year on year. Built on solid foundations with growth financed by profits, they expand at as pace that is secure, expanding into overseas markets.
- Zayanah Mansor of Hycrome – Winner of the Burnley Business Awards Young Employee of the Year Award 2013. Zayanah started as an apprentice with local manufacturing firm Hycrome. As part of her apprenticeship assignment she development a new method of restoring high value gas turbine engine components rather than consigning them to the scrap bin. She developed a method which utilised laser powder fusion welding techniques to restore seal fins – which has generated £40,000 of sales for the company.
- Equestrian Surfaces – horses that win at Ascot train on the surfaces manufactured in Burnley
- LITE Limited – the Burnley company that built and installed an illuminated display that stood atop the 1,016ft Shard building, treating the capital to a laser and light show for the building’s grand opening.
… plus many more. Leaders in aerospace, automotive, textile, logistics, advanced engineering and customer service sectors.