Burnley has an excellent geographic location, with a superb network of communication links by road, rail, or air.
Burnley enterprise creates the sound for Hollywood, connects us by phone and internet, powers our planes and cars, and drives massive infrastructure transformation.
£800million has been invested in Burnley recently in transport, housing, leisure, retail and business infrastructure.
We have received successful results from investment in education, business and people and this has been highlighted by the town being awarded ‘The Most Enterprising Area.’
- Innovation Drive – A unique aerospace supplier park with aerospace tenants including Kaman, BCW Engineering, Hycrome
- Bondholder Scheme – nationally recognised as a model for bringing together the power, initiative and resources of local businesses with the public sector.
- On The Banks – Transforming industrial heritage into a vibrant and unique destination for business, living, leisure and education.
- Education – Our University (UCLan) is the leading University in the North West for generation of student/graduate start-up business – 73% of graduates at UCLan Burnley got a first class or 2:1 degree- way above the National average!
- Transport – Our motorways are fast moving and there are three airports within one hour’s drive. We are also served well by public transport and have a direct train line to Preston, Manchester and Leeds.
Click through the menu on the right for more information on each of these.