Wealth & Knowledge Generation for Burnley
Burnley’s vision to become a centre of educational excellence and a regionally significant centre for advanced manufacturing, digital and creative industries, is fast becoming a reality with the development of the Burnley Knowledge Quarter.
Burnley is known across northern Europe for advanced manufacturing, aerospace engineering excellence through companies like Aircelle, MB Aerospace and BCW Engineering, producing parts for planes and performance cars. It is this area of expertise that is playing such an important part in Burnley’s new direction: confident, ambitious, modern and forward-looking. And it is these strengths that the Knowledge Quarter seeks to foster and develop, to ensure that Burnley remains competitive in the global marketplace.
The Knowledge Quarter will boost education, enterprise and entrepreneurship by providing new business space adjacent to the UCLan and Burnley College Campus, attracting new investment and employment opportunities, transforming Princess Way into a modern ‘knowledge’ gateway.
The Knowledge Quarter includes :
- £84 million Burnley Education Campus – home to the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) and Burnley College
- Vision Park – A prestigious business park site with direct links to the University and College campus
- Princess Way Gateway Public Realm Transformations – creating a modern gateway to the Knowledge Quarter
The Knowledge Quarter will :
- Develop an entrepreneurial culture
- Support and promote the advanced manufacturing cluster
- Create a modern image and first class business environment
- Secure a highly skilled workforce to underpin the knowledge economy
- Improve connectivity to key growth centres
Contact Adam Lockett from Burnley Council for more information on The Knowledge Quarter: firstname.lastname@example.org