Autumn 2016 saw the first ever Burnley Literary Festival being held across Burnley town centre. The event was a huge success and featured an exciting programme of workshops, talks, readings, open-mic sessions and performances.
Burnley Literary Festival 2017 will take place 6 to 9 October 2017. Watch this space for confirmation of the full amazing programme events. Already confirmed are storytelling sessions, poetry writing workshops, children’s theatre performances, flash fiction workshops and award winning authors.
For more information about this fantastic event or to get involved, contact us.
Children’s Character Design Competition T&C
- The competition is open to children living in the UK of school age (4 to 16).
- The winning design will be decided by the Burnley Literary Festival Organisers. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning entry will be that which is considered to be creative, original, fits in with the Festival and appeals to young people
- The winner will be notified by telephone.
- The winner consents to their design being reproduced and used in the promotion and marketing of Burnley Literary Festival in whatever form.
- The winner accepts that no fee will be paid for this use.
- The winner accepts that they will not be entitled to any copyright of their submission.
- Burnley Council reserves the right to edit or adapt the winning design to suit the promotion and marketing of the event.
- The submitted design must not have been submitted to any other competition or used in any other printed or published materials.
- The winner consents to participating in Burnley Literary Festival children’s competition post-promotion
- The competition is not open to Burnley Council employees or their children
- Entries must be received by 11.59pm on 4 August 2017
- You may only send one entry to the competition
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not permitted
- Burnley Council takes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Burnley Council reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Burnley Council in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- No cash or alternative prize will be available.
- If for any reason the winner is not contactable for three weeks after the closing date, a different winner will be selected.
- Sending in an entry to the competition means that you accept these terms and conditions