Search starts for the Best of the Best Themis Apprentices and Employers in the 2019 Inspire and Achieve Awards
Entries have opened for the 2019 Themis Inspire and Achieve Awards that recognise the commitment, innovation and motivation of the very best Themis Apprentices and Employers from across the North West.
This year, Apprentices and Employers are being encouraged to nominate themselves in nine categories, covering a range of industries and recognising the achievements of Apprentices at all stages of their career, as well as leading employers. A panel of specialist judges will then shortlist finalists ahead of a glittering awards ceremony on 5 September, attended by leaders of industry, top employers, Apprentices and their families.
Simon Jordan, Director of Themis at Burnley College, said:
“This year we are looking for the best of the best. The winners of 2019 Themis Inspire and Achieve Awards will be those individuals and employers who stand head and shoulders above the rest, whose determination and expertise act as an inspiration for others and who truly reflect the values we hold at Themis
“Themis Apprentices are among the very best in the country: their passion, skill and ambition makes them ideal members of the workforce and these awards recognise the valued role they play in helping to drive their employer’s business to new heights. They are bold. They are brave. They are brilliant.
“The employers with whom Themis works are among the most forward-thinking in the country. Employers who recognise the vital role that Apprentices can play in bringing new skills and knowledge, as well as energy and innovation, to the business. They are truly invested in creating the dynamic and dedicated workforce of tomorrow which will take the nation’s industry to the forefront of the global economy.”
Themis Apprentices and employers alike are encouraged to submit their entries in a variety of categories, found at www.burnley.ac.uk/thebest. The closing date for entries 23 June 2019. Categories for the 2019 awards are:
- The Absolute Apprentice Award 2019 (Gold) – open to those currently undertaking, or who have completed, an Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship in the last 12 months
- The Absolute Apprentice Award 2019 (Platinum) – open to those currently undertaking, or who have completed, an Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship in the last 12 months
- Project Digital/Digital Drive Award – open to those currently undertaking a Project Digital Apprenticeship, or who have completed one, in the last 12 months
- Future Innovator Award (Engineering) – open to those currently undertaking an Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Apprenticeship, or who have completed one, in the last 12 months
- #FutureBoss Award – open to those currently undertaking a Business/AAT Accounting/HR/IT Apprenticeship, or who have completed one, in the last 12 months
- Ultimate Vision Award (Construction) – open to those currently undertaking a Construction Apprenticeship, or who have completed one, in the last 12 months
- Breakthrough Prize/Discovery of the Year (Science) – open to those currently undertaking a Science Industries Apprenticeship, or who have completed one, in the last 12 months
- Edge of Evolution Award (Sport) – open to those currently undertaking a Sport Apprenticeship, or who have completed one, in the last 12 months
- Commitment to Apprenticeship Award – open to businesses currently offering Themis Apprenticeships within their organisation.
In addition, Themis will also be awarding 2019 Themis Inspire and Achieve Awards to:
- The top student who has completed the Themis Gold Programme, open to Year 11 students focussed on securing a successful Apprenticeship in their chosen sector via Themis. The programme gave candidates the additional interview skills, in-depth knowledge of their chosen industry and confidence to ensure they stand out from the crowd at interview.
- The top student who has shown ambition, talent and commitment during their time on a Burnley College Young Academy Programme. The Academy programme has given students in Years 10 and 11 an in-depth insight into their chosen career sector, helping them to develop their knowledge and confidence before embarking on an A Level or Advanced Vocational course at Burnley College Sixth Form Centre, or a Themis Apprenticeship.
Sponsors of this year’s awards include: The North West Aerospace Alliance, The Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (University of Sheffield), Pendleside Hospice, +24 Marketing, Speakman’s Contractors, Exertis, McMahon Leggate, Themis and University Courses Burnley.
Simon Jordan added:
“We are calling on Apprentices and Employers alike to step forward and submit their nominations to receive the recognition they deserve and to showcase the depth of talent we have here in the North West.
“The awards are open to all Themis Apprentices and employers and we look forward to receiving your nominations and celebrating with you at the Themis Inspire and Achieve Awards ceremony in September.”