Burnley.co.uk has launched a new series with local businesses where we fire quick questions at them so we can learn a little bit more about them. First up is Little Barista on Howe Walk in Charter Walk shopping centre.
The family-run café is a firm favourite with locals, serving high-quality food and coffee with a warm and friendly welcome.
1) What’s 3 words to describe your business
Quality, quirky and friendly
2) Why do you like being based in Burnley?
Burnley is a really friendly town and we knew it was the right location for us. We live in Burnley and it was important to be a part of our local community.
3) What made you start your own business?
Quite simply, I wanted to be my own boss!
4) Words of advice for people considering starting up their own business?
Research, research, research. And make sure you have a holiday before you open!
5) Your favourite business in Burnley (aside from your own!)?
We all like Marks and Spencers.
6) Your favourite thing to do in Burnley?
Visiting Towneley Park.
7) How have you adapted during the COVID-19 situation?
We reopened on June 8th offering a takeout service, strictly following government guidelines. We’ve also been selling coffee beans and tea to keep our loyal customers going.
8) What’s the most unusual request you’ve had from a customer?
Do you have anything gluten free, sugar free, vegan and…fat free?